
Good grief! Audrey's turning 4 tomorrow and I'm still up in the air about a party. She's honestly been imagining it in her head for two months or so. I've heard comments like "Mommy, I'd like to have Dora cupcakes at my birthday party" or "Mommy, I could hang my Ariel doll up at my birthday party and then it would be an Ariel party" and I have done nothing. So, I'm down to two choices - either have a party at our house on Wednesday night for (gulp) about 8 or 9 little kids, or do it Wednesday at lunchtime at Chuck E. Cheese or some other public venue in which case some of her best buddies can't come because they're in daycare during the day. Why oh why does our culture celebrate birthdays anyway? Aren't they just a reminder of our eventual old age and death? Oh well, I have at least 12 hours to figure it out. I'm sure I'll think of something.
No comments:
Post a Comment